Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines and Presidents Day Weekend Adventures !!!!

Last year for Valentine's Day Ralph and I took the boys to pick Blood Oranges in Sicily. This year after I discovered he had a 4 day weekend, I decided to take them to Joshua Tree National Park.

After I had my heart on going I started to do the research and was getting a little dis-encouraged to go. The reason being that Friday both Seb and I had to get blood work done + Seb had another Dr appt. that day. Sat Seb had his first soccer practice and assessment. So I couldn't miss those things. So it looked like if I was going to take the boys it would be Sunday night and come back Monday. Well Sunday was Valentine's Day, and Places were booked and a little higher than what I wanted to pay. After looking for 2 days, I just went for it and booked a place.


Money well spent !!!!!

Saturday I had a few things planned for the boys and I, but things seem to go sideways. We were running late to soccer ( big surprise ) and that set things off a little. When we got their I forgot that I would need a chair or blanket for Finn to play on. To my luck Marcello spotted a park connected to the field and both boys played while Seb played soccer. Bonus !!!!!!! That is going to make Soccer practices so much easier on me with the 2 little ones.

After it was all over I loaded them back up to go shopping for supplies we need for the trip. What a mistake waiting today to do it instead of doing it when I had the nannies Helppppppppp..... LOL. I was quickly reminded WHY I hired her and to NEVER go shopping with all 3 again. To my surprise Marcello was extremely well behaved. Why is it when you enter a store your kids are possessed by some kind of Un-know force !!!!

After I survived going to the commissary , I started to clean the car and pack for a fun filled weekend. Making sure I have everything: cameras charged, layers for the changing weather, good walking/hiking shoes, swimsuits for the pool, snacks, lots of water and don't forget the first aid kit. One item I did forget was sun block, but knowing we are now in the states I know we can get it where we are going.

Ok we had an extremely late start to getting on the road. I decide to sleep in some (need my rest) and then of course the boys added to my TO DO list before loading up and hitting the road. After that was all said and done we finally got on the road around 10:30 am. The GPS says we have a little over 2 hours drive. Wish that was true !

We didn't arrive until 2:30 !!!!! After road detours and me realizing I forgot the battery to my GOOD camera, we had major delays. But now at least a have a second battery and a charger for the car to charge electronics .

We didn't make it the park until almost 4pm and I needed to get a map to plan out the next day. So Happy the ranger told us we still had time today to see a few things today.

Here is the first place we went, Skull Rock. I let the boys run wild here and climb on everything. They needed to release energy after being in the car ALL day.



I then took them to the next spot called Jumbo Rocks. And I think Seb had to climb each and every rock. Marcello followed him.

"Look at me MOM" !!!



I love being outdoors with my boys !!!





After Seb whined and complained that all he wanted to do was go to the pool at the hotel, he finally realized that the park was fun and didn't want to leave. After all this is a little boys dream, right ??? ALL THESE ROCKS !!!


One of my favorite photos of us from the trip with Finn on my back. The sunset that night was beautiful. The boys and I had so much fun walking around in the cool weather.


When the sun began to set, we drove away watching the beautiful colors fad as we exit the park back to the hotel. I made a promise to Seb to take him to the pool. I knew we couldn't do it tomorrow since we will check out and spent the entire day at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment